Make your go-to mic go farther
Like many of today’s musicians, YouTubers, and broadcasters you probably rely on the professional sound quality you get from using an XLR microphone. But for mobile, on-the-go audio and video creation, XLR mics present some challenges. Many require phantom power, and at best, using them also means dragging along a laptop and boxy audio interface to get the mic preamps along with the phantom power you need.
iRig Pre 2 is a pocket-sized mic preamp that lets you easily use your XLR mics to record, perform and stream with your iPhone*, iPad, Android device or DSLR camera. The sequel to the best-selling mobile mic pre of all time, iRig Pre 2 delivers the same professional sound you’re accustomed to, while adding direct monitoring, auto-switching wiring for use with digital cameras, and so much more.
iRig Pre 2 Overview
- High-fidelity mic preamp with true +48V phantom power
- Compact, soft-touch enclosure fits easily in any bag or pocket
- Works seamlessly with DSLR cameras to achieve better sound
- Improved functionality with headphone out and volume control
- Onboard direct monitoring for more precise audio capture
- Economic power supply using two standard AA batteries
We’ve got you covered
Whether you’re recording a podcast or your new album, shooting an interview or an action sequence, iRig Pre 2 is the easiest way to connect any type of XLR microphone to an iPhone*, iPad or Android device. And its new, auto-switching circuitry lets iRig Pre 2 instantly adapt to work with the input on your digital camera, as well.
It’s the smallest, most portable and best sounding mobile mic pre you’ll find, and the only one you’ll need for every situation!
* Requires use of Apple’s Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter (TRRS).
All powered up
Need phantom power for your condenser mic? iRig Pre 2’s 2 AA batteries provide true +48V phantom power (many other mobile mic preamps only offer 32V, degrading your mic’s performance) for around 7 hours of continuous use.
To use your favorite dynamic or ribbon mic, simply turn off the phantom power and you’re good to go for even longer, up to 20 hours!
Don’t waste a take
A time-saving 3.5mm (1/8″) headphone output now offers direct monitoring, so you can listen back to ensure the signal is perfect before you start recording or streaming!
It’s perfect for all today’s popular live-streaming and video recording apps, so you can hop from app to app with confidence you’ll always sound your best.
And for DSLRs and digital cameras, it makes set up a snap without needing to dive into menus or set up alternate workarounds to monitor the sound.
Works in more situations
You can easily access your favorite apps while recording or performing by mounting the iRig Pre 2 to your mic stand or other convenient stage locations using the included Velcro strip slot. For secure mic stand mounting for your connected smartphone, tablet or digital camera, be sure to check out our iKlip series, which offers a choice of flexible-mounting options for a variety of scenarios.
Ready to rock,
right out of the box
Even if you’re new to mobile audio and video creation, you can get started right away by simply downloading two free IK Multimedia apps from the App store or Google Play: iRig Recorder FREE (our easy-to-use audio and video recording/editing app) and VocaLive FREE (our premium vocal processor for live performance and multi-track recording).
So get ready to break out of the box and start exploring the creative possibilities all around you, with the freedom of iRig Pre 2.
Free included app/software
iRig Pre 2 comes with the following free bonus content
Limit 1 free bonus content per customer.
Bonus content is non-transferrable and has no cash value.
- For iPhone, iPad, Android and digital cameras
- Built-in XLR connector for microphones
- Adjustable gain control
- +48 V phantom power
- 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response
- Headphone output with direct monitoring
- Attached 40cm (15.75″) TRRS cable
- Auto-sensing 3.5mm output
- Powered by 2xAA batteries
- On/Off switch
- Compatible with all your favorite apps
- Frequency response: from 20 Hz to 20 KHz +/- 1.5dB
- EIN (@gain min): -113.5 dBA
- EIN (@ gain max): -92.4dBA
- THD+N: -90 dBA / 0,003%
- Gain range: 48dB
- Phantom max current: 6mA
- Battery duration (Alkaline 2xAA): approx 20 hours when phantom is off, approx 7 hours when phantom is on
- iRig Pre 2
- 2xAA batteries
- Velcro strip
- Free apps for iOS and Android
- Size: 40mm/1.57″ x 110mm/4.33″ x 34mm/1.34″
- Weight: 75g/2.65oz (batteries excluded)
- Cables length: 40cm/15.75″
iOS and Android Devices
Compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices with 1/8″ / 3.5mm jack standard headset input (onboard or via adaptor) compliant with the CTIA/AHJ wiring standard, which is illustrated as follows.
Compatible with most DSLR cameras equipped with 1/8″ / 3.5mm jack microphone input.