The TORAIZ SP-16 sampler and step sequencer is the first in our line-up of music production tools for DJs and producers. We’ve partnered with the legendary synth creator Dave Smith to add his Prophet-6 analogue filters, so you can give your creations a rich, analogue warmth and presence.
Use the TORAIZ SP-16’s simple layout and large touch screen for producing, or use it as a standalone unit in the DJ booth to enhance performances. Just load samples, create patterns, add FX, loops, and manipulate their parameters to make your music your own.
- Full-Colour Touch Screen: The 7-inch, full-colour touch display gives you instant access to all the info you need. Browse, select and colour-code samples intuitively, while manipulating their parameters with the rotary dials just below the screen.
- Step Sequencer: A 16-step sequencer lets you create up to 256 different patterns. You can save and play back your loops instantly, and use the dials to modulate the sounds. Plus the backlit buttons will reflect the colours assigned to each sound for a visual guide.
- Tactile Performance Pads: Load up to 16 samples to the large rubber pads, then finger drum freely to layer sounds on-the-fly. The multicolour LEDs show what samples are in play, while Velocity Mode lets you control the sample volume with the amount of pressure you apply.
- Powerful Processing Engine: You get all the power you need to play with 16 samples simultaneously – even when you’re using time stretch, pitch bend or the amp envelope. And with 8GB of flash memory you have enough space to use the TORAIZ SP-16 as a stand-alone unit, with no need for a laptop.
- Dave Smith Analogue Filters: The TORAIZ SP-16 has the same analogue filters as Dave Smith’s renowned Prophet-6 synthesiser. Use the dials to sculpt your sound – manipulating Drive, Cut Off and Resonance – and add true analogue warmth and presence.
- Pre-installed samples: With 2GB of pre-installed samples, by courtesy of Loopmasters, you can get started right out of the box.
- Beat sync: Connect compatible devices via PRO DJ LINK and the sampler will snap your one-shots and loops to the beat of the master deck1. A MIDI clock also lets you connect other devices via USB and stay in sync.
- Touch strip: Use the touch strip for instinctive control of various parameters including pitch bending.
- USB support: Load sound sources without hassle using a USB storage device.
- Inputs: 2 PHONO/LINE (RCA) | 1 MIDI (Din)
- Outputs: 8 PHONO/LINE (RCA) | 1 MIDI (Din) | 1 HEADPHONE MONITOR (1/4 inch Jack)
- LAN: 1
- USB: 1 USB A port | 1 USB B port
Physical & Dimensions
- Width: 436.5 mm
- Height: 74.3 mm
- Depth: 261.2 mm