Start recording your show within minutes. The Rode RodeCaster Pro Integrated Podcast Production Console is a standalone unit from Rode which is perfect for both beginners and broadcast professionals alike. It streamlines the recording process meaning you can concentrate on the content of your show.
It features four channels, can handle calls from remote guests and even has eight pads for playing sound effects and jingles. So it’s everything you need to record your first – or 100th – show. The RodeCaster is everything you need to start podcasting. Just plug in your microphones and get chatting.
Multitrack recording with firmware version 2.1
Firmware 2.1 gives you an unprecedented level of control over your recording experience. You’ll be amazed at the whole range of new features which are designed to give you even more options to enhance your podcasts.
Granular control provides you with incredible manipulation of all processing parameters. With firmware 2.1 you’ll be able to tweak every single aspect of the Pro’s compressor, noise gate, de-esser, as well as the APHEX Aural Exciter and Big Bottom. Fear not. If you prefer the simplicity of firmware 1.1’s processing controls, then the editor can easily be turned off.
Firmware 2.1 also gives you a master buss processor. This allows you to apply compression globally to shape the overall dynamic content of your podcast. The inclusion of precise dBFS marks on the home and recording screen ensures you have precise monitoring over recording levels. Other additions include improved podcast export processing as well as post-fader multi-track recording and improvements to the companion app.
Connect and record
The RodeCaster Pro is made primarily of four high-quality microphone channels. The inputs are pre-routed meaning you can connect your microphones quickly and start recording your podcast within minutes of set up. Plug in the microphones, set the levels and record your content to a microSD card. Or plug it in to your digital audio work station and use it as a mixing desk and interface. The portability is really where RodeCaster Pro shines, it has a small form factor and is relatively light. It’ll be good to go when you’re out in the field. And of course, it can power condenser microphones so it’s ready for whatever you throw at it.
Incorporate sound FX
The RodeCaster Pro features eight programmable sound effects pads. Add your jingles, sound effects and other audio assets to your podcast with these awesome and responsive trigger pads. The simple ‘drag and drop’ interface means it’s easier than ever to change your sound effects and jingles, ready for the next show. Not only are they great for triggering your audio assets, but you can also colour code them too so there’s no need to label them with ugly stickers.
No hang ups
The RodeCaster Pro is amazing at handling calls too. Simply connect your phone to the RodeCaster Pro via Bluetooth and answer the call. The RodeCaster Pro automatically provides mix-minus audio cancelling to prevent any echo being heard by the caller so your conversations can go on and on without distraction. Telephone interviews never sounded so good.
- 4 mic inputs
- 8 trigger pads for jingles and FX
- Lightweight and portable
- Excellent call handling
- Instant mix-minus for phone or app calls – echo free phone calls
- TRRS cable, USB, and Bluetooth connectivity
- APHEX processing for professional voice warmth and tone
- Record easily onto a microSD card or your preferred computer software
- Intuitive presets and user experience
- Channels of I/O: 4 Inputs / 2 Outputs
- Max Sample Rate/Resolution: 48 kHz / 24-Bit
- Display and Indicators: 1 x Touchscreen (High-Pass Filter, Input Level, Input Selection, Limit, Menu Navigation, Output Level)
- Host Connection: 1 x USB Type-C
- Analog I/O:
- 4 x 3-Pin XLR Balanced Mic Input
- 1 x 1/8″ / 3.5 mm TRRS Unbalanced Line Input
- 4 x 1/4″ / 6.3 mm TRS Unbalanced Headphone Output
- 2 x 1/4″ / 6.3 mm TRS Balanced Monitor Output
- 1 x 1/8″ (3.5 mm) TRS Unbalanced Headphone Output
- Phantom Power: +48 V (Selectable on Individual Inputs)
- Wireless Connectivity: Bluetooth
- Memory Card Slot: 1 x microSD (Unspecified Type)
- Power Requirements: AC/DC Power Adapter (Included)
- Dimensions: 13.78 x 10.83 x 3.23″ / 350 x 275 x 82 mm
- Weight: 1.9 kg