Small scale mixers don’t have to compromise on sound quality. Get superb quality preamps and all the control you need in a small and easy package with a Yamaha MG06X Analog Mixer. The class-A D-PRE preamps deliver sound reproduction with great clarity and detail. Get great results every time.Whether you’re making corrective tweaks or adding some creative flair to your mix, you can take advantage of Yamaha’s SPX digital effects engine. A suite of 6 preset effects will be available to you in an easy to control format. Get the best from your sound no matter what you’re mixing.
Studio Grade Preamps
The preamp is the starting point when it comes to mixers and they are the most vital components for determining the quality of your mix. The mixers within the Yamaha MG series all feature a studio-grade class-A D-PRE preamp to deliver more power at a lower impedance. This premium preamp possesses an extremely wide frequency range and delivers a sound full of fat bass tones and incredibly smooth highs with little to no distortion. This pure platform allows you to get straight into the performance without needing to spend wasted time trying to ‘fix’ your mix.
High-Quality Digital Effects
The XU model of the MG06 features 6 type of effects based on the famous Yamaha SPX processor algorithms. With professional quality reverb and delay effects, users can create natural sounds full of clarity and crisp characteristics.
Custom Made MG01 Op-Amp
The sound quality is derived from the head amp, and one of the most important sections of the head amp is the op-amp. The Yamaha MG series mixers all have custom made MG01 amplifiers that focus on sound quality first and foremost. This integrated circuit is redesigned for optimal resolution.
Switchable Phantom Power & PAD Switch
The mixing consoles within the MG series gives users outstanding control over the improved frequency response and sound quality of condenser microphones. The input channel with PAD switch allows MIC to line level of inputs and attenuates high input signals. Therefore, the mixer can avoid issues with clipping that can be so prevalent in affecting a mix.
Professionally Tailored Sound
Overall, the MG series of mixers gives you the tools to succeed in creating high quality sound that features your own unique touch. With 1-knob compressors, users can alter the dynamics of an audio signal. This is incredibly useful when wanting to add more life to a guitar tone, heavier bass lines, tight snare sounds and crisper vocal performances. The intuitive Yamaha knob design ensures simple access for optimised compression settings.
Total Tonal Control
To add the little details to your overall mix, the MG06 includes 3-band equalisers on all mono channels to give you complete control. Along with a reliable high-pass filter, the analog mixer eliminates unwanted low-frequency noise for an astonishingly clean mix.
Wide Variety Of Connector
Every model in the MG series feature balanced XLR connectors on mono microphone, line channels and XLR equipped stereo channels. These mono inputs accept both mic and line level signals. Two stereo inputs have XLR and two phone connectors, accepting line level signals suitable for mono or stereo.
Mixing consoles experience harsh environmental conditions such as excessive temperatures, humidity, unstable power supplies and the testing conditions of travel in general. This is why the MG series mixers have been built to last and withstand the trials and tribulations of a variety of testing situations. The console features an incredibly robust, powder-coated metal chassis that is designed for convection cooling as well as reducing operational noise. The circuit board and each component underneath is thoroughly protected with controlled placement of the chassis to ensure that no impact passes through the casing.
Included In The Box
- 1 x Yamaha MG06X 6-Channel Analog Mixer
- 1 x AC Adapter
- 1 x Owner’s Manual
- 1 x Technical Specifications Sheet
- Discrete class-A mic preamps
- High quality sound op-amp
- Switchable phantom power & PAD switch on mono inputs
- 1-knob compressors
- EQ & high-pass filters
- Single stereo bus
- Wide variety of input/output connectors
- LED level metering
- Robust metal chassis
- XLR connector
- USB audio interface function
- Reverb & delay effects
- 6 SPX effect types
- Frequency Response (Input to Stereo Out): +0.5dB/-0.5dB (20Hz – 20kHz)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (Input to Stereo Out): 0.01% @ +8 dBu (20Hz – 20kHz)
- Hum & Noise
- Equivalent Input Noise: -128 dBu (Mono Input Channel, Rs: 150Ω, Gain Knob: MaX)
- Residual Output Noise: -102 dBu (Stereo Out, Stereo Level Knob: Min)
- Crosstalk: -88 dB
- Input Channels: 6 Channels: Mono (Mic/Line): 2, Stereo (Line): 2
- Output Channels: Stereo Out: 2, Phones: 1
- Bus: Stereo 1
- Mono Input Channel Function
- PAD: 26 dB
- HPF: 80Hz, 12 dB/oct
- EQ High: Gain: +15dB/-15dB, Frequency: 10kHz Shelving
- EQ Low: Gain: +15dB/-15dB, Frequency: 100Hz Shelving
- Peak LED: LED Turns On when Post EQ Signal Reaches 3 dB Below Clipping (+11 dBu)
- Level Metre: 2 x 7-Segment LED Metre
- Internal Digital Effect (SPX Algorithm): 6 Programs
- Phantom Power Voltage: +48V
- Power Supply Adapter: PA-130 (DC12 V/1.0 A, Cable Length = 1.8m), 120 V, 60Hz, or MU18 (DC12 V/1.5 A, Cable Length = 1.5m), 100 V-240 V, 50Hz/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 12 W
- Weight: 0.9 kg
- Operating Temperature: 0 – +40°
- Height: 62 mm
- Width: 149 mm
- Depth: 202 mm