Take a set of world class preamps and route them wherever you need to. The Yamaha MG16XU Analog USB Mixer delivers a host of high quality preamps, coupled with ample connectivity, and processing to perfect your sound. Once you’ve got a great sound you can send it wherever you need thanks to the variety of group and aux sends.Yamaha MG XU Mixers integrate smoothly with your digital world. An integrated 2-in/2-out USB interface, and bundled Cubase AI software mean you can easily connect to a computer or laptop and get great live recordings in seconds.Whether you’re making corrective tweaks or adding some creative flair to your mix, you can take advantage of Yamaha’s SPX digital effects engine. A suite of 24 editable effects will be available to you in an easy to control format. Get the best from your sound no matter what you’re mixing.
D-PRE Microphone Preamps
The MG16XU features newly refined D-PRE mic preamps that employ an inverted Darlington circuit design and deliver more power with lower impedance. Initially intended for use with Yamaha’s high-end recording equipment, these discrete class-A preamps ensure your signal retains the original character and musical expression.
The head amp determines overall sound quality and the op-amp integrated circuits are one of the most important elements within the head amp circuit. All MG series mixers feature new, high-quality, custom-made MG01 op-amps that Yamaha have developed in cooperation with the semiconductor manufacturer. MG01 op-amps utilise redesigned circuitry in which even the internal components and wiring have been optimised to ensure exceptional resolution and transient responses.
The Yamaha MG16XU features newly upgraded 1-knob compressors indicators that allow you to visually monitor when compression ”kicks in” on each channel. These intelligent compressors add optimally set compression to a wide variety of input sources by simply adjusting a single control – eliminating the need to set up and configure complex outboard equipment.
SPX Digital Effects
Suitable for musical and non-musical applications alike, the Yamaha MG mixer is equipped with integrated high-resolution effects that allow you to tailor the sound for each performance. Yamaha’s acclaimed SPX processor delivers a comprehensive suite of 24 editable digital effects, perfect for enhancing your mix.
MG series mixing consoles are supplied with a downloadable version of Steinberg’s Cubase Al software. This comprehensive DAW suite provides you with a powerful and versatile platform for music production.
- Studio-grade Discrete Class-A “D-PRE” Mic Preamps with an Inverted Darlington Circuit
- High quality sound Op-amp
- Switchable phantom power and PAD switch
- Professional 1-knob compressors with LED Indicators
- EQ and high-pass filters
- Wide range of input and output connectors
- LED level metering
- Built-in SPX digital effects
- Rugged, impact-resistant, powder-coated metal chassis
- Integrated rack-ears for easy rack mounting
- Universal power supply
- 24-bit/192kHz 2-in/2-out USB audio interface
- Includes Cubase Al software
- Inputs: 16
- 8 x Mono Mic/Line
- 2 x Mono/Stereo Mic/Line
- 2 x Stereo Line
- 2 x Stereo
- 1 x Monitor
- 1 x Headphone
- 4 x Aux Sends
- 4 x Group
- Phantom Power: 48V (Per Channel)
- Digital Connectivity: USB 2.0 (24-Bit/192kHz)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.03 Percent
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz, +0.5dB/-1.5dB
- Equivalent Input Noise: -128dB
- Residual Output Noise: -102dB
- Crosstalk: -78dB
- Power Requirements: 100V – 240V, 50Hz/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 36W
- Dimensions: 444mm x 130mm x 500mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: 6.8kg