The Pioneer DJ DJM-A9 4-Channel DJ Mixer is designed with professional DJs in mind, featuring the club-standard layout jam-packed with cutting-edge features and tools. Building on the design of its predecessor (the DJM-900NXS2), the DJM-A9 delivers high-end sound quality, equipped with 32-bit D/A converters by ESS technology. Designed for the stage, the DJM-A9 features a range of useful tools including advanced Beat FX complete with its own colour display.
Featuring a four-channel design, the DJM-A9 features an ergonomic design with increased spacing around the EQ knobs for an improved feel and touch. The frequency response on the isolates has also been optimised for improved accuracy. Cut, mix and scratch with precision using the MAGVEL FADER crossfader and incorporate ‘Sound Colour’ FX with the world’s first centre lock functionality. The ultimate mixer for clubs, festivals and any other venue; the DJM-A9 even features a Phantom Power input allowing you to incorporate a studio-grade microphone into your performances.Equipped with Bluetooth connectivity as well as a Wi-Fi antenna, the DJM-A9 allows you to incorporate your favourite Bluetooth devices as well as use the mixer alongside the Stagehand app via the Wi-Fi antenna. You can connect multiple systems (PC/Mac) at the same time using dual USB connections – perfect for when you need to switch between DJs when their set is done. It also features dual headphone outputs complete with their own cut buttons and volume controls.
32-bit AD/DA converters deliver stunning sound quality
Incorporating EES Technology’s custom 32-bit AD/DA converters, the DJM-A9 delivers superior sound reproduction compared to standard DJ mixers. Pioneer has incorporated cutting-edge technology to deliver the best possible audio fidelity and performance. Building on the design of the DJM-900NXS2, the DJM-A9 features increased spacing around the EQ knobs for a better feel and playability. The four-channel design also includes enhanced bright LEDs – perfect for low-light environments such as club venues.
The isolators have also been upgraded with an optimised frequency response for increased precision and accuracy. The channel faders have been upgraded, alongside the newly introduced MAGVEL Fader crossfader for an exceptionally smooth feel and touch. The MAGVEL FADER has been incorporated into many high-end mixer designs, regarded for durability and cutting action.
Advanced Beat FX and Sound Colour FX
Take your performances to the next level using the wide range of effects on offer. The DJM-A9 is the world’s first DJ mixer to offer ‘Centre Lock’ functionality when using Sound Colour FX. Centre Lock will stop the colour FX from turning when it reaches the centre position, allowing you to create massive transitions without having to worry about them going overboard. There are six dedicated buttons for each Sound Colour FX including Space, Dub Echo, Crush, Sweep, Noise and Filter.
Building on the design of previous mixers, the DJM-A9 features an advanced Beat FX section complete with its own dedicated colour display and X-Pad. You can combine studio-grade effects with BPM-matching so you can add effects that match the BPM of your selected track. The integrated colour display allows for advanced control of your effects with functions such as Quantize, Tap Tempo, X-Pad status and more. A variety of Beat FX are also on offer including Delay, Echo, Ping Pong Delay, Reverb, Flanger, Phaser, Filter, Roll, Triple Filter, Mobius and more.
Enhanced microphone section with Phantom Power
With the upgraded mic section you can now incorporate studio-grade mics such as condenser microphones into your performances for high-end sound quality. Not only that but the microphone section features a dedicated two-band EQ control and volume knobs. You can also choose between three new microphone effects to add some flare to your vocals including reverb.
Onboard Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
Connect your favourite Bluetooth devices and input sound to your PC/Mac from a mobile device. The Bluetooth section features a dedicated ‘pairing’ button as well as an input selector switch and a trim knob. One of the most unique features of the DJM-A9 is the introduction of a Wi-Fi antenna for wireless LAN connectivity. Using the antenna, you can connect to a tablet device and use the Stagehand app to remotely control your Pioneer gear (multi-players/mixers) as well as check the status of your gear.
Robust design with dual headphone outputs and more
Featuring a club-style layout and robust construction – the DJM-A9 is the ultimate choice for club venues, festivals and professional DJs. The two independent headphone outputs allow you to monitor your sound with two pairs of headphones – great for back2back sets. The dual headphone outputs also feature dedicated controls including cue buttons, volume knobs and mix balance knobs so you can monitor tracks independently.
- Four-channel, professional-grade DJ mixer
- Studio-grade sound quality with ESS Technology’s 32-bit AD/DA converters
- Sound Colour FX with the world’s first centre-lock functionality
- Advanced Beat FX section with dedicated colour display and X-Pad
- Enhanced mic section – now includes Phantom Power for studio-grade microphones
- Dual independent headphone outputs and booth EQ
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity via rear-panel antenna
- Support for Stagehand app with built-in Sound Check function
- Compatible with rekordbox and Serato DJ Pro
- Increased spacing around the EQ for improved feel
- Bright LEDs on channel section and optimised frequency response on the isolators
- Third-generation MAGVEL FADER crossfader
- Input/Output Terminals:
- Inputs DIGITAL x 4 (coaxial)
- LINE x 4 (RCA)
- PHONO x 4 (RCA)
- MIC x 2 (XLR & 1/4” TRS jack x 1, 1/4” TRS jack x 1)
- MASTER x 2 (XLR x 1, RCA x 1):
- BOOTH x 1 (1/4” TRS jack)
- REC x 1 (RCA)
- DIGITAL MASTER x 1 (coaxial)
- PHONES x 4 (1/4” stereo jack x 2, 3.5-mm stereo mini jack x 2)
- USB Type-A x 1
- USB Type-B / USB Type-C x 2
- SEND (1/4” TS jack) x 1
- RETURN (1/4” TS jack) x 1
- LAN terminal (100BASE-TX) x 1
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 40 kHz (LINE)
- S/N Ratio:
- 114 dB (USB, Digital IN)
- 88 dB (PHONO)
- 105 dB (LINE)
- 79 dB (MIC 1, MIC 2)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005 percent (LINE-MASTER1)
- Power Consumption: 46 W
- Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H):P 407.4 × 458.3 × 107.9 mm (with the wireless antenna 140.7 mm) / 16.4” x 18.4” x 4.25” (with the wireless antenna 5.54”)
- Weight: 10.2 kg / 22.5 lb
- Compatible Software: rekordbox, Serato DJ Pro, ShowKontrol, PRO, DJ LINK Bridge