The Yamaha DXS12 MKII is the upgraded version of the legendary DXS12 subwoofer from Yamaha. Continuing Yamahas 40 year professional audio tradition of combining new technology and serious bass performance they sound absolutely fantastic! This compact subwoofer provides minimum distortion even at maximum sound pressure levels and is a truly wonderful subwoofer.
7 Year Warranty Included if you apply within 30 days!
For smaller venues or temporary sound reinforcement setups that require serious power with a professional edge, look no further than this compact powerhouse. The new DXS12mkII is equipped with an upgraded 1020W power amplifier producing an impressive 134dB and reaching as low as 42Hz producing clean, clear, heart-stopping bass that defies its lightweight construction. Try selecting our D-XSUB BOOST or XTENDED LF low frequency processing settings, turn up the volume, and watch the eyes widen and jaws drop. All this in a small, easy to install enclosure. Listeners will need to search for the source of this much low frequency performance.
High-Efficiency 1020W Class-D Amplifiers
The DXSs high-performance Class-D amplifier is capable of producing up to 1020W of power, and a maximum SPL of 135dB, delivered with exceptional clarity and accuracy. Both the DXS15mkII and DXS12mkII can produce 3dB more SPL than previous models.
Band-Pass Type Enclosure
All DXS Series enclosures incorporate a band-pass design to reduce unwanted vibrations and noise that could otherwise sabotage your sound. We’ve also designed a very durable plywood enclosure which, when combined with the band-pass configuration, tested better than the traditional bass-reflex design and reduced distortion considerably, making it possible to achieve a higher SPL.
Rugged Coating for Superior Protection
Enclosure exteriors feature a durable Polyurea coating with extremely high damage resistance to protect the cabinet from scratches, bumps, or severe weather conditions, maintaining a professional appearance for years to come.
Dual Pole Socket
For additional flexibility configuring your speakers, the DXS series comes equipped with a dual pole socket that accommodates both 35mm diameter speaker poles and M20 screws.
Because low frequencies can be omnidirectional, controlling the output directivity of a systems bottom end can be a challenge, with the sound pressure hitting the stage often being equal to that of its intended FOH audience. For setups consisting of two or more DXS subwoofers, selecting the newly developed Cardioid Mode effectively decreases stage-side sound pressure while increasing the bottom-end output directed towards the audience, resulting in a cleaner stage monitoring environment and a more pronounced bass experience for the audience.
D-XSUB Bass Processing
Powerful D-XSUB processing gives you total control of your low frequency. NORMAL mode gives you the ideally balanced low-frequency response, while BOOST mode provides a tighter and more focused bass. XTENDED LF mode drops the low-end frequencies down even further for thunderous bottom end that delivers a low frequency extension unheard of from smaller cabinets. Take your full-range system to the next level with the power and versatility of DXS Series active subwoofers.
- Upgraded and improved high-output Class-D 1020W amplifier with precision damping
- Powerful 12” low-frequency woofer with a 2.5” voice coil
- Delivers 3dB higher sound pressure levels and 5Hz lower LF response compared to its predecessor
- Band-pass subwoofer with a rugged precision-engineered plywood enclosure
- Extended low frequency response from 42Hz to 150Hz
- D-XSUB DSP processing –
- NORMAL: Ideal linear frequency response
- BOOST: Tight and focused bass reproduction
- XTENDED LF: Enhanced low end
- Selectable cross-over – 80Hz, 100Hz, or 120Hz
- 2 x pole sockets – 1 x M20, and 1 x 35mm
- Cardioid bass-management system that reduces the SPL towards the stage, whilst increasing the SPL to the audience (for subwoofer arrays with a minimum of 2 subwoofers)
- Optional speaker covers and wheel kits available separately (not included)
- Speaker Type: 12” Powered/Active Subwoofer, Band-Pass Type
- Frequency Response: 42Hz – 150Hz
- Woofer: 12”
- Voice Coil: 2.5”
- Amplifier: Class-D
- Output Power: 1020W (Dynamic)
- Maximum Output Level: 134dB
- Processors: D-XSUB DSP – Boost Mode, Xtended LF Mode, Normal Mode
- Pole Socket:
- 1 x M20
- 1 x 35mm
- Enclosure: Plywood
- Weight: 30kg