The Yamaha DXS18XLF Powered Subwoofer delivers a thunderous bottom-end, lower than any model before. The Yamaha DXS18XLF offers 1600W of max power with a whopping 136dB SPL and an extremely low 30 – 120Hz frequency range, providing that much-needed, body-shaking low-end. The DXS18XLF features onboard D-XSUB bass processing that gives you total management of the lower frequencies, while the cardioid mode allows you to direct your low-end frequencies to your audience. The Yamaha DXS18XLF features a durable Polyurea coating with extremely high damage resistance that provides optimum protection against scratches, bumps and severe weather conditions.
D-XSUB Bass Processing For Low-End Management
The Yamaha DXS18XLF features powerful D-XSUB processing that gives you the flexibility to control the low frequencies, and total control over your bass. The subwoofer features different modes that change the frequency response and characteristics. The NORMAL mode gives you a well-balanced low-end frequency response, while BOOST will focus more on bass and provide a tighter low-end. The new XTENDED LF mode allows you to add even more thunderous bottom-end by dropping the low-end frequencies even further, a function unheard of from smaller cabinets. With this control over your sound, the DXS18XLF ensures your performances go exactly as planned.
Cardioid Mode & Crossover Switching
The newly developed cardioid mode allows you to direct your bass towards your audience. This special function decreases stage-side sound pressure while increasing the bottom-end output directed towards the audience. This provides a cleaner stage monitoring environment whilst giving the audience that much needed bass experience. Usually, controlling the output direction of a system’s low-end is difficult as the low frequencies can be omnidirectional. However, the Yamaha DXS18XLF has managed to make sure your audience feel those bass frequencies. The cardioid mode is ideal for setups consisting of 2 or more DXS subwoofers. The DXS18XLF subwoofer also features crossover switching which allows you to match DXS subwoofers with any of Yamaha’s full range powered speakers. Simply select the cutoff frequency that is best suited to the models.
Powerful & Clean Low-End
The DXS18XLF Powered Subwoofer features high-efficiency 1020W class D amplifiers that are capable of producing a maximum SPL of 136dB, all with exceptional clarity and accuracy. The custom designed transducer delivers a well-defined and powerful low-end. Another feature that keeps your bass sounding super clean is the band-pass enclosure which reduces unwanted vibrations and noise. The durable plywood enclosure combined with the band-pass enclosure allows the subwoofer to achieve a higher SPL and a much cleaner sound, even at high output levels.
Compact, Portable & Rugged Design
The DXS18XLF is easily portable thanks to its compact and durable design. The rugged enclosure is coated in durable Polyurea with extremely high damage resistance that protects the cabinet from damage such as scratches, bumps or severe weather conditions, providing extended reliability and durability. Additionally, there are optional casters available (sold separately) which allow for easier transportation and a convenient setup. The DXS18XLF also features side handles for easy transportation. For added flexibility, the DXS18XLF features a dual pole socket that accommodates 35mm diameter speaker poles and M20 screws.
- 18” powered subwoofer
- High output power
- DSP processor / LCD screen
- D-XSUB processing delivers total management of the lower frequencies (NORMAL, BOOST, XTENDED LF modes)
- XTENDED LF mode drops the low-end frequencies even further
- Advanced FIR-X tuning
- Selectable X-OVER (80Hz/100Hz/120Hz) for matching with other Yamaha speakers (crossover switching)
- Cardioid function allows you to direct your bass towards your audience
- Durable Polyurea coating with extremely high damage resistance to protect the cabinet from scratches, bumps or severe weather conditions
- Dual pole socket that accommodates 35mm diameter speakers poles and M20 screws
- Speaker Type: 18” powered subwoofer, band-pass type
- Frequency Range (-10dB): 32Hz – 120Hz
- LF Driver: 18” cone, 4” voice coil
- Output Power: 1020W (dynamic), 800W (continuous)
- Maximum Output Level: 136dB SPL
- I/O Connectors: 2 x XLR3-31 input, 2 x XLR-3-32 (through or HPF post)
- Processors: D-XSUB: BOOST, XTD LF, NORMAL
- Cooling: Natural convection
- Power Consumption: 100W
- Pole Socket: 35mm (depth 80mm) & M20 (threaded depth 25mm)
- Dimensions: 563 x 683 x 721mm (WxHxD)
- Weight: 49.7kg