The Yamaha HS8S Active Subwoofer is an 8-inch bass-reflex powered subwoofer designed for professional-grade audio applications. The Yamaha HS8S features a carefully tuned frequency response designed to deliver powerful low-end audio performance. At the heart of the subwoofer is a high-powered 150W amplifier, designed especially to reproduce low frequency content. It utilises custom transducers with an advanced magnetic field providing natural sonic accuracy. The resulting low-end sound is powerful and pronounced, ideal for truly hearing the bass from your source audio. Additionally, the unit features both high-cut/low-cut controls as well as an integrated phase switch.
The HS8S is the perfect accompanying subwoofer for Yamaha HS Studio Monitors. The HS8S employs custom develop transducers designed to deliver exceptional sonic accuracy. The transducers feature an advanced magnetic field design, resulting the flow of the magnetic response. The resulting sound is powerful yet refined, ideal for reference-grade audio applications such as mixing and mastering. The confined frequency range spans from 22hz – 150Hz, focusing on the low-end response of your sound. The specialised design provides ultra-low distortion sound and a clear and concise image of your low-end sound.
The subwoofer also includes a range of onboard controls designed to optimise the performance of the unit. The integrated speaker port reduces noise up to 60db for a clearer and more accurate sound. The rear of the unit features both a high cut and low-cut filter switches designed to attenuate their respective frequency bands for optimised performance in a range of acoustic spaces. The high cut control sets the cutoff of the output HF attenuation from 80Hz to 120Hz. It also includes a phase switch designed to adjust the phase of the output for added flexibility.
Design & Connectivity
The robust and sleek design is comprised of an a rugged MDF enclosure. The enclosure features three-way mitred-joint corners to eliminate unwanted resonance. The HS Series employs a premium-grade amplifier that has been matched perfectly to the transducers for optimised audio fidelity. The rear of the unit features balanced XLR I/O as well as level and attenuation controls. The unit features 4 sturdy legs designed for maximum stability. The rugged enclosure ensures a long lifespan, acting as a workhorse for any studio.
- 8-Inch powered subwoofer
- Provides reference-grade audio for mixing and mastering applications
- Provides powerful low-end response
- Custom developed transducers with advanced magnetic field provides natural sonic accuracy
- Integrated high-cut/low-cut controls for attenuating to various acoustic spaces
- Includes phase switch
- Bass reflex enclosure design
- System Type: Powered Subwoofer
- Frequency Response (-10dB): 22Hz – 150Hz
- Transducer: 8″ Cone
- Output Power: 150W
- Input Sensitivity / Impedance: -10dBu / 10k Ohms
- Output Level / Impedance: -10dBu / 600 Ohms
- Input Connectors (Parallel): XLR3-31 type (Balanced) x 2, PHONE (Balanced) x 2
- Output Connectors: XLR3-32 type (Balanced) x 2 (L&R), XLR3-32 type (Balanced) x 1 (EXT SUB)
- LEVEL Control
- PHASE Switch – NORM / REV
- HIGH CUT Control (80-120Hz, Centre Click)
- LOW CUT Control (80-120Hz, Centre Click)
- LOW CUT Switch (ON/OFF)
- Power Indicator: White LED
- Power Consumption: 70W
- Enclosure: Bass-Reflex Type, MDF