- Designed for a wide variety of small and medium scale applications
- Ultra compact with exceptional value and acoustic performance
- Loudspeaker designed for commercial, professional and residential applications
- For both indoor and limited outdoor use
- Ideally suited to stereo, monaural background and foreground music systems
- Great for restaurants and cafes, hotel lobbies and bars
DVS6t 6″ 2-Way Coaxial ABS Speaker 100V IP64 Black
Designed for a wide variety of discrete small and medium scale sound reinforcement applications, the Tannoy DVS6t is an ultra-compact surface-mount loudspeaker of exceptional value and acoustic performance. A full bandwidth loudspeaker designed for commercial, professional and residential applications where environmental durability and high quality sound reproduction are required. For both indoor and limited outdoor use, these speakers are ideally suited to stereo or monaural background or foreground music systems in such applications as diverse as theme park attractions, retail premises, restaurants and cafes, hotel lobbies and bars, corporate audio visual, residential developments and houses of worship.
The DVS6t model option is equipped with an internally mounted low insertion loss line transformer for 70V or 100V distributed sound applications. Wattage taps are configurable to the following settings via a rotary tapping switch, which is located on the back panel.
The DVS6t is based around a point-source driver design comprising a 6” mid bass driver with a coaxially mounted 19mm (0.75”) high frequency section mounted in a stylish injection moulded surface-mount enclosure manufactured from UV/weather resistant ABS material. The new device is certified for water and dust ingress protection to IP64 standard and is currently pending UL Listed status (UL-1480 and UL-2043) making it a perfectly capable performer in challenging interior areas such as swimming pools, saunas or work areas where unusually high levels of dust or moisture may be present, as well as most outdoor applications where extreme environmental or harsh weather conditions are not a typical concern.
The highly durable and scuff resistant, high impact ABS enclosure is available in black or white painted finish and comes with integral mild steel grille designed with optimum aesthetic sensitivity in mind. A colour-matched steel mounting bracket is included, which fits easily to the device via finger-tightened plastic screw-nut on the top and bottom of the enclosure, and audio connection is via standard euroblock making installation a quick and hassle-free affair.
Thanks to the point-source driver design, the DVS6t can be mounted vertically or horizontally without compromising the dispersion and coverage control, offering complete versatility where positioning is concerned.
- 150mm (6”) coaxial transducer for high performance and durability
- 90 degree controlled conical dispersion for optimum coverage
- Exceptional performance to value ratio
- Weather resistant rated IP64 to EN60529 (IEC529)
- Stylish, durable ABS enclosure available in black or white
- Phase coherent design for superior vocal articulation and music reproduction
- No crossover required, ensuring better phase, impedance and sensitivity response and increased durability
- Painted steel yoke bracket supplied.
- Five year loudspeaker warranty
- Low insertion loss 60W transformer for use in distributed audio installations (DVS6t only)
- Frequency Response (-3dB) (1): 80Hz – 20Hz
- Frequency Range (-10dB) (1): 65Hz – 30Hz
- System Sensitivity (1W @ 1m) (2): 88dB
- Dispersion (degrees conical): 90
- Transducers: Coaxial, Low Frequency: 165mm (6.5″) mineral loaded cone material, High Frequency: 20mm (0.79″)
- Crossover: 4.3kHz – 2nd order LF, 2nd order HF
- Directivity Factor (Q): 10.6 averaged 1kHz to 10kHz
- Directivity Index (DI): 9.6 averaged 1kHz to 10kHz
- Rated Maximum SPL (2): Average: 105dB, Peak: 111dB
- Power Handling: Average: 60W, Programme: 120W, Peak: 240W
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 120W @ 6 Ohms
- Nominal Impedance : 6 Ohms
Physical & Dimensions
- Enclosure: ABS
- Grille: Steel, plated and painted
- Connectors: Euroblock type removable locking connector with screw terminals with “loop through” facility
- Supplied Accessories: Yoke bracket
- Transformer Taps (rear rotary switch): 60W / 30W / 15W / 7.5W / OFF & Low Impedance operation, 60W / 30W / 15W / OFF & Low Impedance operation
- Net Weight: 4.1kg (9.03lbs)