The Roland SYSTEM 1 is an innovative and performance ready synth. Roland first launched the SYSTEM 100, 100M and SYSTEM 700 modular and semi-modular synthesisers in the ’70s. Since then, they’ve been used by visionary artists on countless classic tracks. Now, the SYSTEM-1 takes centre stage. Roland’s Analogue Circuit Behaviour technology faithfully recreates the essence of classic analog sound and character with the addition of remarkable flexibility plus the ability to control and even host plug in versions of legendary Roland synths.
A groundbreaking new synthesizer, the Roland AIRA SYSTEM-1 gives remarkable, flexible access to a vast palette of synthesised sounds with the bold, unmistakable character associated with Roland synths for nearly four decades.
New Roland Analog Circuit Behaviour technology has been used to carefully analyse every detail of the analog circuits in the SYSTEM synths and fully recreates them down to the finest details. This technology fills the SYSTEM 1 with a fusion of cherished classic and utterly modern synthesizer tones.
Plug In, Plug Out
It doesn’t stop at the ACB technology. The Roland SYSTEM-1 can even host software recreations of classic Roland synths, on the system itself, with no computer required! Switch between the SYSTEM-1 internal sounds and the hosted plug-in. This technology is called ‘Plug Out’.
Nobody could make a better plug-in version of a Roland synth than Roland. The AIRA SYSTEM-1 will allow you to experience the superior authenticity of legendary synths, such as the SH-101, through software. SYSTEM-1 provides an intuitive and fully automatic one-to-one control interface that really works.
The SYSTEM-1 integrates seamlessly with the other products in the Roland AIRA Series, can receive MIDI clock information to sync with external devices and can be connected to your computer via USB.
The totally innovative design of SYSTEM-1 features performance-ready controls, quality construction and an array of lights, knobs and sliders.
Features / Specifications
- Four oscillators for buckets of fat synth tones
- Oscillator colours create continuous waveform changes from simple to complex
- All parameters can be controlled with physical knobs and sliders with LED indicators
- Advanced Arpeggiator with SCATTER
- SCATTER jog dial offers 10 different phrase variations with dynamic, real-time control over 10 stages of depth
- Variety of modulation functions including ring modulation
- Filter types vary between -12dB and -24dB and include independent high pass filters
- Tone knob for easy tonal balancing
- Crusher knob for modern edge
- Integrated Delay and Reverb effect units
- Tempo syncing for LFO and Delay
- Innovative thin keyboard with 25 normal sized keys that are
- Comfortable to play and yet the most compact Roland synth ever
- 25 keys without velocity
Sound Generator Section
- Maximum Polyphony: 4 Voices
- Registrations: 8
- Structure Elements:
- SYSTEM-1 Mode: LFO, OSC 1, 2, Sub OSC, Noise OSC
- Envelope: Pitch, Filter, Amp
- Modulation: Ring, Osc Sync, Cross Mod
- Effects: Crusher, Reverb, Delay, Portamento
- Plug Out Mode: Depends on Plug-Out Software
- Arpeggio: Type: 6, Step: 6
- Scatter: Type: 10
- Controllers: Volume, Pitch Bend/Scatter Jog Dial, Scatter Type Dial, Key Hold Button, Octave Up/Down Button, Mod Button, Power Switch (Rear)
- Phones Jack: Stereo 1/4 inch phone type
- Out (L/MONO, R) Jacks: 1/4 inch phone type
- Pedal (Hold) Jack: 1/4 inch phone type
- Pedal (Control) Jack: 1/4 inch TRS phone type
- MIDI (IN, OUT) Connectors
- USB Port: USB type B (Audio/MIDI)
- DC IN Jack
- AC Adaptor
- 850 mA
- Width: 472 mm
- Depth: 283 mm
- Height: 70 mm
- Weight: 2.4 kg
- Owner’s Manual
- Safety Leaflet
- AC Adaptor
- Pedal Switch: DP Series
- Footswitch: BOSS FS-5U
- Expression Pedal: EV-5