The Boss RC-505MKII Loop Station Tabletop Looper is the next-generation tabletop looper that is the perfect tool for studio musicians, live performers, vocalists, beatboxers and more. Featuring five stereo phrase tracks, exquisite audio quality with 32-bit AD/DA conversion and 32-bit floating-point audio processing, a plethora of built-in effects for mixing and a huge internal storage capacity, the RC-505MKII Loop Station lets you freely express your creativity with seemingly limitless flexibility.
Jam-packed with new and improved tools and features to help inspire and create, the Boss RC-505MKII Loop Station lets you traverse new terrain in flexible and customisable ways. Building on the success of the worlds most-loved and popular tabletop looper, the RC-505MKII features all-new built-in effects including Electric FX and Harmonic FX to sculpt and shape your sounds up to four simultaneous Input FX and Track FX per phrase track, as well as redesigned faders with a longer throw for precise adjustments and a newly implemented Mark Back function for accurate redo/undo function while performing.
Employing a huge number of expanded inputs and outputs, you can create complex looping with just about any instrument imaginable through the included XLR phantom power inputs, two stereo line input pairs, three stereo line output pairs and MIDI in and out. It’s never been easier to integrate into your existing setup and let your creativity run free. Import and export your sounds and rhythms through the USB or even sample your instrument and import as a .WAV file for future sessions, the possibilities are simply endless.
Designed for free-flowing expression both on and off stage, the Boss RC-505MKII is the ultimate machine for fearless looping artists to spark your creative flair.
Complex looping with five stereo tracks
The RC-505MKII Loop Station is the next step in advanced looping technology for professional performers, whether you’re a club performer, beatboxer, studio vocalist or guitar player, keyboardist or electronic drummer, the RC-505MKII will deliver the flexibility and versatility you need to perform at your best. Featuring five stereo phrase tracks, you can create a slew of evolving and complex loops with complete control.
Each of the five tracks features their own dedicated layout of controls, comprised of a fader, record, overdub, play, stop and FX button. This allows you to build your loops with complete flexibility and customisation you need to get the most from your performances. A newly designed fader has been implemented to give you even more accurate adjustments thanks to the longer throw of each fader, letting you control the volume of each phrase track even more accurately than ever before. A newly designed Mark Back function gives you even more control over performances than ever before with more accurate redo/undo settings to make sure you can stay on beat throughout your set. All of this with up to a maximum of 1.5 hours recording per track and approximately 13 hours in total makes the RC-505MKII a truly revolutionary looping station.
Versatile and powerful built-in effects
Not content with simply providing you with the platform to record your tracks on, the RC-505MKII provides you with a wide range of powerful onboard effects to tailor and customise your sounds and edit on the fly. Split into two categories, Input FX and Track FX, the RC-505MKII is the perfect tool for adding colour and texture to your vocals, guitar tracks and more. Manipulate and shape your incoming audio with Input FX and change your sound during playback after it’s recorded with the Track FX. Each phrase track on the RC-505MKII Loop Station has independent FX controls, allowing you to customise each track without affecting everything in your loop, giving you flexible control. These settings are also saved per memory and will be recalled individually per phrase track for instant recall of previous performance settings.
The powerful onboard effects include a Robot voice manipulator, Vocoder, Vinyl Flick, Beat Repeat and the newly added Harmonic and Electric FX, perfect for sculpting and shaping the sound of your voice for beatboxing or in the studio singing. Not only that but there is a global compressor and reverb effects available to process the dynamics of your entire signal as well as adding space and depth with reverb. Each phrase track can utilise four simultaneous effects for a huge range of tone-shaping as well as having access to four quick banks for easy recall of sounds and tones from previous sessions.
Expansive connectivity and extensive MIDI control
Employing a plethora of different input options, the RC-505MKII Loop Station Tabletop Looper is the ideal companion for the multi-instrumentalist musicians who are looking to loop not only their voice, but other instruments such as electric guitars, basses, keyboards, synthesizers and more. Featuring two XLR microphone inputs with phantom power, two stereo line input pairs and three stereo line output pairs, there’s no limit to the different instrument or audio playback types you can include! It’s not just electronic instruments you can connect through the RC-505MKII, the MIDI input and output allow you to have in-depth control over MIDI VST instruments in your computer DAW or through compatible hardware instruments to expand your set-up and create cascading loops through all sources. Two expression pedal outputs allow you to control parameters with an expression pedal, making it perfect for stomp-box performances with several instruments.
Also featuring an onboard USB socket, the RC-505MKII allows you to import and export your sounds as .WAV samples as well as backing up data and importing rhythmic patterns with RC Rhythm Converter.
Deep range of storage
Possessing a large base of storage for your loops, the RC-505MKII has a bank of 99 memories, each holding information on the independent phrase tracks, effects and much more that can be recalled at any time to have consistent performances. The onboard memory also allows you to store up to 85 rhythm patterns to load up pre-arrange performances to reduce setup time in stressful live show environments.
- The new industry standard, updated and enhanced for modern professionals
- Exceptional audio fidelity with 32-bit AD/DA and 32-bit floating-point processing
- Five independent stereo tracks with dedicated controls and volume faders
- All-new input FX and Track FX sections, each with four simultaneous effects and four quick-access banks
- Customizable effects per phrase track
- Huge selection of built-in effects with 49 input FX, 53 track FX including new Harmonic, Electric FX and much more!
- Redesigned faders with longer throw for ultra-precise adjustments and movements
- Newly added Mark Back function allows for precise undo/redo flexibility when performing
- Huge range of connectivity with two XLR microphone inputs with phantom power, two stereo line input pairs and three stereo line output pairs
- Large bank of 99 memories, each containing five independent phrase tracks, custom effects, playback settings, control assignments and more
- Over 200 onboard rhythmic patterns and 16 drum kits to synchronize and customise your loops
- In-depth MIDI control support with two jack outputs for expression pedal connectivity
- USB output for data backup, import and export of phrases with Boss Tone Studio and pattern import with RC Rhythm Converter
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
- AD/DA Conversion: 32 bits
- Processing: 32-bit floating point
- Number of Tracks: 5
- Data Format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 32-bit float, stereo)
- Maximum Recording Time: Approx. 1.5 hours (1 track), Approx.13 hours (total of All memories)
- Rhythm Type: 200 types or greater
- Rhythm Kit: 16 types
- Input effects: 49 types
- Track effects: 53 types
- Master effects: 2 types
- Memory: 99
- Nominal Input Level:
- MIC 1, 2 INPUT: -40 dBu
- INST 1, 2 INPUT: -10 dBu
- Maximum Input Level:
- MIC 1, 2 INPUT: 0 dBu
- INST 1, 2 INPUT: +7 dBu/+20 dBu (selectable)
- Input Impedance:
- MIC 1, 2 INPUT: 3k ohms
- INST 1, 2 INPUT: 1 M ohms/25 k ohms (selectable)
- Nominal Output Level:
- MAIN OUTPUT: -10 dBu
- SUB 1, 2 OUTPUT: -10 dBu
- Maximum Output Level:
- MAIN OUTPUT: +7 dBu
- SUB 1, 2 OUTPUT: +7 dBu
- Output Impedance:
- MAIN OUTPUT: 1 k ohm
- SUB 1, 2 OUTPUT: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance:
- MAIN OUTPUT: 10 k ohms or greater
- SUB 1, 2 OUTPUT: 10 k ohms or greater
- Display: Graphic LCD (128 x 64 dots, backlit LCD)
- MIC IN 1, 2 jack: XLR type (balanced, phantom power: DC 48 V, 10 mA Max
- INST IN 1, 2 jacks, MAIN OUT jacks, SUB OUT 1, 2 jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- CTL1,2/EXP1 jack, CTL3,4/EXP2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- USB port: USB B type
- MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- DC IN jack
- Current Draw:
- 1.0 A (with phantom power)
- 0.9 A (without phantom power)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 420mm x 234mm x 67mm
- Weights: 1.8 kg
- What’s included:RC-505MKII, AC adaptor, Owners Manual, Leaflet “Using the Unit Safely”