The ultimate music production hub. The Roland MV-1 Verselab Production Studio features all the tools you need to compose, arrange, edit and remix music. Whether you’re coming up with ideas on the move or fleshing out full songs in the studio, the MV-1 is a must-have for music producers.
Featuring 16 backlit velocity-sensitive pads and a TR-REC style sequencer, the MV-1 includes everything classic Roland drum machines had and much more. Vocalists can rejoice thanks to the inclusion of unique vocal effects including Auto Tune, Doubler and Harmonizer to name a few. It also comes complete with 3,000 powerful, genre-defying presets to play with straight out of the box.Not only is it great in the studio, but it also shines on the stage too. With a built-in microphone input and onboard mixing and mastering effects, you can take your performances to the next level. No matter where you are, the MV-1 is ready to go. You can power it via USB, a mobile battery or via an AC adaptor for maximum flexibility. Start the next chapter of your musical journey today with the MV-1 Verselab.
Ready for action
Music production can be a daunting process to newcomers but with the MV-1 Verselab it is made easier than ever before. The all-in-one production studio arms you with all the tools you need thanks to its jam-packed feature set. Whether you’re building ideas for a song or arranging your next full production, the Verselab has your back.
At the heart of the Verselab are 16 RGB velocity-sensitive performance pads. These premium-grade pads react to your touch, allowing you to finger-drum and trigger samples to your heart’s content. You can even use the pads to create melodies, similar to that of a MIDI keyboard. Accompanying the pads is the TR-REC sequencer, inherited from classic Roland drum machines. Using the sequencer you can create percussive loops and rhythmic melodies on the fly, allowing you to punch in steps whilst you play.
Perfect for beatmakers and vocalists
The Verselab is jam-packed with tools and features geared towards producers and vocalists alike. The guided workflow will have you mastering the tools within minutes and with a genre-defying sound selection. Bridging the gap between beats and voice, the MV-1 features built-in vocal effects including Auto Tune, Harmonizer and Doubler. With space for up to 16 takes, you can layer and arrange your vocals to your desire.
Legendary Roland sound
Roland have cemented their reputation as legends in the music world, being the proud parent of the iconic TR-808 drum machine as well as countless others. Thanks to the 3,000 onboard presets, you can explore the sounds that defined era’s, genres and subcultures. Spanning from the TR-808 to the SP-404, you can incorporate every hard-hitting sound that Roland’s legacy has to offer.
Zen-Core engine and ZenBeats
The core of the Verselab is powered by the Zen-Core sound engine, which can also be found in high-end Roland synthesizers. It delivers high-end, rich sound quality that captures every nuance of your audio in incredible detail. Using the Zen-Core engine, you can expand your sound library via Roland Cloud so you can stay up-to-date with the latest sound packs and presets.
Zenbeats is a music production app which lets you create music, no matter what your level of experience. With polyphonic instruments, beatmaking tools featuring classic Roland TR drum machine sounds, and the SampleVerse sampling tool, you’ll find everything you need to inspire new ideas and develop your sounds.
One step ahead for ideas
One of the most useful features for newcomers is the onboard songwriting tools and generators which help inspiration strike when you’re struggling for ideas. These templates and patterns are the perfect building blocks to keep your creativity going. The intuitive and hands-on control panel truly puts you in the driver’s seat, allowing you to make quick changes on the fly. From the studio to the stage, the Verselab will push you to your musical limits.
Connect and collaborate, anywhere!
The compact and portable design of the Verselab is perfect for music makers on the go, providing multiple power options to suit your needs. You can power the MV-1 using a mobile battery (not included) or via an AC adaptor (included). It also features a wide range of connectivity so you can connect your phone, tablet device and computer directly to the Verselab. Included are dual headphone jacks, a high-grade XLR mic input and MIDI I/O. The USB connection can be used to power the device as well as connect it to external devices for added versatility.
- Produce music, arrange ideas and process vocals on the fly
- Ideal for music producers and vocalists
- 16 RGB velocity-sensitive pads – perfect for sampling, finger-drumming and more
- TR-REC step sequencer
- Premium-quality vocal effects including: Auto-Tune, Harmonizer, Doubler and more
- 3,000 genre-defying sounds, curated by the team that brought you the TR-808
- Includes classic sounds from legendary drum machines and synths
- Boost your inspiration using templates, patterns and other songwriting tools
- Intuitive, hands-on controls with guided workflow
- Connect to phone, tablet device or computer for quick and easy file transfer
- Can be powered via AC adaptor (included, USB or a mobile battery (not included)
- Expand your sounds with Zenbeats app via the Roland Cloud
- Sound Generator:ZEN-Core (Tone, Drum Kit)
- Track Type: Tone, Drum Kit, Looper (Audio Loop)
- Maximum Polyphony:
- ZEN-Core: 128 voices (varies according to the sound generator load)
- Looper: 8 (varies according to the available number of Looper track)
- Vocal Take: 16 (varies according to the vocal take size)
- Tracks: 7 tracks and 1 vocal track
- Sections: 16 sections
- Vocal Take: 16 takes
- Preset Tone: 3,000 or greater
- Preset Drum Kit: 80 or greater
- User Sample (as a Tone or Drum Kit): available by importing from SD card
- Looper Sample (as a clip of Looper track): available by importing from SD card, recording via EXT IN/Tracks
- Track Multi-Effects: 90 types
- EQ: Track EQ, Master EQ
- Chorus/Delay: 9 types
- Reverb: 7 types
- Master Effects: 90 types
- Compressor: Master Compressor
- Step Sequencer: Maximum Steps: 128 steps
- Looper: Time Stretch, Pitch Shift
- Display: 16 characters, 2 lines LCD (with backlit)
- External Storage: SD card (SDHC supported) for saving Project Data and Audio Data
- PHONES jacks: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type, Stereo miniature phone type
- MIX OUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- EXT IN (L/MONO/MIC, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- MIC IN: XLR type (phantom power: +48 V, 10 mA Max.)
- MIDI (IN, OUT1) connectors
- USB port: USB B type (Audio, MIDI)
- DC IN jack
- Power Options: AC adaptor, via USB port (USB bus power)
- Current Draw: 2,000 mA (AC adaptor), 500 mA (USB bus power)
- Dimensions: 354 (W) x 208 (D) x 60 (H) mm // 13-15/16 (W) x 8-3/16 (D) x 2-3/8 (H) inches
- Weights (excluding AC adaptor): 1.165 kg (2 lbs.)