The iconic S-shape tonearm is back. This lightweight, tough, aluminium arm is perfect for anchoring your stylus onto to the record. The white stylus illuminator provides improved visibility from the noodle. The minimal weight of this all black tonearm is ideal for preventing unnecessary wear on your vinyl records. The great looking S-shaped arm fits in well with the look of the SL-1210 MK7 and its distinctive shape helps keep the arm out of harm’s way when changing records.
Resonance-free base for optimised performance
Providing the perfect playing surface for your records. The two-layer platter includes deadening rubber and aluminium which promises a resonance-free base for your records. Meaning you’re sure to get the best possible sound from your precious records. The platter looks great and functions brilliantly, making it an excellent centrepiece for your record player.
The importance of the platter should not be overlooked. Considered by many to be one of the most important parts of the turntable the platter is integral in defeating many problems that can arise from playing vinyl records. The MK7’s platter is finely tuned to allow for strong resistance to vibrations and to help keep an incredibly consistent playback speed.
Super accurate pitch control
The digital pitch control system allows for more accurate mixing using digital transmission instead of electrical analogue signals. Digital Pitch control is great for reducing issues arising from wow and flutter.
Sleek, streamlined design
Keeping in line with the SL-1210 MK6, the MK7 is built with functionality in mind. Instead of stuffing the MK7 full of unnecessary features, Technics have opted for perfecting the functionality of the SL-1210 MK7’s. Apart from the addition of Reverse Play, little has changed, everything has been improved though: The best just got better.
The motor has been improved to feature a coreless direct driver. This will keep the rotation in line and in sync meaning that the playback of the record stays consistent. All the components in the motor have been improved in order to increase the performance over previous iterations of the SL-1210. Not only does it playback your records perfectly, but the speed of the motor’s torque also makes it perfect for stop/start scratching styles and helps with seamless mixing.
- Seventh iteration of the iconic direct-drive turntable
- Coreless drive motor
- Computer controlled motor
- Replaceable phono and power cables
- Brake and torque adjustments
- Matte black chassis and tonearm
- Digital pitch control fader
- Aluminium and fiberglass to reduce vibrations
- LED Strobe in red and blue
- Power Supply: AC 120 V, 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 8.0 W (Power ON), Approx 0.2 W (Power OFF)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 452 x 169 x 353mm
- Weight: Approx. 9.6 kg (21.2 lbs)
- Operating Temperature Range: 0° – +40°
- Operating Humidity Range:35 percent to 80 percent RH (no condensation)
- Type: Direct drive manual turntable
- Drive Method: Direct driver
- Motor: Brushless DC motor
- Turntable Speed: 33 1/3 RPM, 45 RPM (with switch 78 RPM)
- Adjust Range: ±8 percent, ±16 percent
- Starting Torque: 1.8kg-cm
- Build-Up Characteristics: 0.7s from standstill to 33 1/3 RPM
- Braking System: Electronic brake
- Wow and Flutter: 0.025 percent WRMS
Tone Arm Section
- Type: Static balance
- Effective Length: 230mm
- Overhang: 15mm
- Offset Angle: 22°
- Arm-Height Adjustment Range: 0 – 4 g (direct reading)
- Head Shell Weight: Approx 7.6 g