Available now theATLP5x Direct Drive Turntable is a replacement for the popular ATLP5.
Some of the new models features are:
- J shape tonearm direct
- drive motor, 33 1/3 and 45 RPM selectable speeds
- 5mm heavy damping rubber mat
- includes AT-HS10 headshell and exclusive AT95EX cartridge
- built-in switchable phono/line pre-amplifier
- USB output
Fully Manual Direct Drive Turntable
Building on Audio-Technica’s analogue heritage and over 50 years of Japanese audio design, the AT-LP5x features upgraded technology while keeping the contemporary style and acclaimed performance of its predecessor, the AT-LP5.
The LP5x retains the J-shaped tonearm, a design inspired by the classic Audio-Technica models of the 1960s and ’70s, and features a metallic gimbal suspension system and precision bearings to mitigate tracking errors. The tonearm also includes an adjustable counterweight and anti-skate control and comes fitted with a lightweight (9.3g) AT-HS6 headshell and the black AT-VM95E Dual Moving Magnet stereo cartridge.
Constructed of anti-vibration damping materials with heavy-mass metal chassis inserts, the AT-LP5x turntable has been designed to limit low-frequency acoustical feedback. Its precision-machined, die-cast aluminum platter is powered by a direct-drive, low-noise motor, ensuring stable, on-axis rotation at 33-1/3, 45 and 78 RPM. A 5 mm thick rubber-damping mat, which isolates from low frequency feedback while providing a highly stable surface for all LP formats, tops the platter.
The AT-LP5x features a built-in switchable MM/MC phono/line preamp that enables it to connect directly to a computer, home stereo, powered speakers and other components that have no dedicated turntable input. The selection of MM/MC cartridges allow for an easy upgrade to a moving coil with additional equipment. The turntable is also equipped with a USB output for direct connection to a computer.
- Direct-drive, low noise motor
- Fully manual operation with three speeds: 33-1/3, 45 and 78 RPM
- AT-VM95E Dual Moving Magnet stereo cartridge (black) with replaceable stylus
- Lightweight AT-HS6 headshell
- J-shaped tonearm, modeled after original Audio-Technica designs from the 1960s and ’70s, are engineered to minimize tracking errors
- Switchable MM/MC built-in pre-amplifier and line enables connection to components with or without a dedicated phono input
- Anti-resonance, die-cast aluminum platter
- Heavy rubber damping mat for improved low-frequency reproduction
- AC adapter handles AC/DC conversion outside of the chassis, reducing noise in the signal chain
- Elegant matte black finish
- Includes dual RCA (male) to dual RCA (male) stereo cable, 45 RPM adapter, USB cable
- Included dust cover and mounting hardware
|Drive Method||Direct Drive|
|Type||3-speed, fully manual operation|
|Speeds||33-1/3 RPM, 45 RPM, 78 RPM|
|Turntable Platter||Die-cast aluminum|
|Starting Torque||>1.0 kgf.cm|
|Braking System||Electronic brake|
|Wow and Flutter||<0.2% WRMS (33 RPM) at 3 KHz|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||>50 dB|
|Output Level||PHONO: 4.0 mV nominal at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec LINE 250 mV nominal at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec|
|Phono Pre-Amp Gain||36 dB nominal, RIAA equalized MC: 56dB nominal, RIAA equalized|
|USB Function||A/D, – 16 bit 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz USB selectable; Computer interface – USB 2.0 compliant Windows 7 or above, MAC OS X or above|
|Power Supply Requirements||100-240V AC, 50/60 Hz|
|Power Consumption||3 W|
|Dimensions||450.0 mm (17.72″) W x 352.0 mm (13.86″)D x 157.0 mm (6.18″)H|
|Weight||7.3 kg (16.1 lbs.)|
|Accessories Included||AT-VM95E Dual Moving Magnet stereo cartridge (black) with replaceable stylus; AT-HS6 lightweight headshell; AC adapter ; dual RCA (male) to dual RCA (male) stereo cable; 45 RPM adapter; USB cable; dust cover with hinges.|