Three months FREE Soundcloud Go+
That’s right, Denon are giving customers who purchase this controller access to SoundCloud GO+ for three months – absolutely free! Once registered and activated, you can access special features within SoundCloud including offline and ad-free listening. Using SoundCloud GO+ you can access your entire library of liked tracks and playlists, as well as access high-quality (256kpbs) playback options. Not only that, but any info included with your selected tracks (BPM, Key, Hot Cues etc.) is automatically saved to your source drive for instant recall at any time.
To claim your three months FREE access simply register your product via the official Denon DJ page and you’re ready to go!.
Engine DJ 2.0 Engine – the latest and greatest
The latest firmware update is here, bringing with it onboard lighting control for standalone devices, wireless Ableton Link connectivity and a whole host more! With every update, your Denon hardware evolves and with Engine DJ 2.0 you’re at the forefront of DJ technology. The OS 2.0 engine now includes Ableton Link connectivity for all Engine DJ OS compatible devices – available via WiFi or a wired connection. This makes Denon the world’s first manufacturer to incorporate Ableton Link into standalone DJ hardware.
Building on the success of SoundSwitch, Denon have created their own custom lighting control in the form of ‘Engine Lighting’. This new OS embedded lighting control is accessible directly from your hardware, eliminating the need for external controllers or connecting to a computer. You can connect to the onboard lighting control via DMX for DJs on the move or via the Phillips Hue System if you’re at home.
The new and improved database has been recoded from the ground up, providing a lightning-fast workflow, smaller database sizes and improved stability. The control for streaming services has also been expanded with Preview, Prepare, History and Playlist Deck parameters you can use to audition and navigate between songs in your online music library.
What’s new in Engine DJ 2.2
Continually seeking to improve the user experience and functionality of your performances, Engine DJ 2.2 introduces a range of new features and fixes to the most powerful DJ software available. Introducing Active Loops, an intelligent way to save loops and automatically activate them when your playhead enters the loop region, allowing you to recall your favourite sections in an instant. As simple as pressing hold your left Parameter button and saving to a pad, it couldn’t be easier to instantly recall your Active Loops. More accurate performing is enabled through the increased Jog Wheel sensitivity, with a reduced sensitivity level named ‘Min’. Perfect for intricate performances, this can be saved as a default setting to your Engine DJ device for automatic loading along with Nudge sensitivity in your User Profile.
Now featuring a built-in metronome with three volume levels, you can map the beats of your songs with even more accuracy, with the metronome playing every time your playhead passes a beat marker. Improved light arrangements are possible through the ability to invert pan and tilt your moving head DMX light fixtures in the Engine Lightning section of your software. By no means the complete list, Engine 2.2 features several fixes to loading and operating times as well as small bugs in the system. A comprehensive breakdown of what’s included in this free upgrade can be found on the Engine DJ website.
Ready for the main stage
The ultimate media player. The SC6000 is the new flagship standalone media player from Denon DJ, further cementing Denon’s reputation as being at the forefront of DJ technology. From the main stage at festivals to intimate club venues, the SC6000 is perfect for professionals. At its heart, the SC6000 is powered by the ENGINE OS. It also features an integrated HDD bay for onboard music storage, a 10-1-inch touchscreen and built-in Wi-Fi for wireless music streaming.
The large 8.5-inch jog wheel provides the perfect surface for mixing and scratching. The jog wheel features improved tension adjustment for customising the response of the platter. You can personalise your jog wheel even further by using the performance-driven feedback and customisation options. The centre of the jog wheel features a crisp HD display, providing track info, track artwork and even your own personal DJ brand graphics.
It even features best-in-its-class time stretching, ensuring the best possible sound even with the most challenging mixes. With the SC6000’s dual-deck playback facility, the media player acts as a 2-decks-in-1 controller. With dedicated outputs for each layer (digital and analog) you can utilise up to four audio sources, without the need for a computer.
10.1-inch touchscreen with advanced workflow
The epicentre of the SC6000 is the 10-1-inch high-definition touchscreen. The advanced touchscreen helps to vastly improve your workflow, eliminating the need to jump from computer to your media player. Everything is right at your fingertips. It even features gesture support for personalised interactions. The high-grade display makes it easier than ever to search music, navigate your music library and edit track lists on the fly. You can use various gestures to zoom in and out of waveforms, run through overviews and much more.
Stream music via built-in Wi-Fi
Choose between wired and wireless. The SC6000 possesses the ability stream music via TIDAL with support for Beatport, Beatsource, Soundcloud and more, coming soon via free updates. Traditionally, you’d need a computer to stream music, but with its standalone design, the SC6000 allows you to throw in your favourite tracks on the fly.
Future-proof media playback and HDD bay
Sick of buying a new media player every year? Denon have got you covered. With its dual-output design, the media player provides support for virtually all major compressed and uncompressed music file formats. Support is included for FLAC, ALAC and WAV, as well as all standard formats such as MP3, MP4, AAC/M4A, OGG Vorbis and more.
No matter how your music library is stored, Denon can handle it. It features two built-in USB ports and a single SD media input. You can even use the built-in internal 2.5-inch HDD bay for storing your music onboard. The SC6000 will even remember your preferences for each of the media sources including track cue points, loop regions, playback history and more.
Pitch-perfect mixing and performance pads
Take your mixing to the next level. Harmonic mixing sets apart the professionals from the amateurs. With the onboard musical key-shift, you can easily mix your songs with matching pitch for a truly harmonic mixing experience. When mixing songs conventionally, you will match just the tempo, but with musical key-shifting, you can blend the pitches of two songs together, resulting in a beautiful sounding mix.
Start remixing live with the built-in performance pads. The highly responsive and tactile trigger pads are perfect for chopping songs, sampling, remixing and more. Want to drop in a DJ tag or a sound effect into your mix? Simply assign your chosen sound to a performance pad and trigger it live during your set. You can even set Hot-Cue, Loop, Roll and Slicer controls for the more intricate mixes.
- Flagship standalone professional DJ media player powered by ENGINE OS
- HD 10.1-inch touchscreen
- Built-in Wi-Fi and wired internet connectivity for music streaming
- Responsive rubber button performance pads with sophisticated design illumination
- Built-in internal HDD drive bay to store music onboard
- 8.5-inch jog wheel with large surface area for platter manipulation
- Locking IEC connector for secured power cable
- Standalone Track Preview
- Serato DJ Pro controller mode (available in future upate)
- Best-in-class timestretch and musical key change/sync algorithms
- Internal, on-board analysis of music files (including Rekordbox™ collections)
- Dual-layer playback with independent analog/digital outs
- StagelinQ connection for Event/Pro DJ lighting and video control
- Plays uncompressed audio formats (FLAC, ALAC, WAV)
Engine DJ | OS 2.0 Updates
- Engine Lighting by SoundSwitch – Onboard lighting control
- Ableton Link Compatibility (Wi-Fi and wired option)
- New Playlists
- New Database
- New Control Center Menu
- Playlist Deck with Crossfade (PRIME 2/4/GO)
- Onboard clock
- Track List Size Button – Expand tracks shown in playlists
- Streaming Service Upgrades – Preview, Prepare, History, Playlist Deck
- Analog Output: 2.0Vrms (0dBFS, 1kHz)
- Frequency Range: 22–22,000Hz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 116dB
- THD+N: Digital Output Sampling Rate: 96kHz
- Digital Output Bit Depth: 24-bit
- Playable Media Type:
- SD/SDHC card
- USB mass-storage devices (flash memory, external HDD enclosures)
- File Systems:
- FAT32 (recommended)
- File Formats:
- AIF/AIFF (44.1–192 kHz, 16–32-bit)
- MP3 (32–320kbps)
- Ogg Vorbis
- WAV (44.1–192kHz, 16–32-bit)
- Platters: 8.5-inch / 216mm (diameter) / Metal construction with display & touch-capacitive circuitry
- Main: 10.0-inch / 254mm (diagonal), full-colour LED-backlit display with touch interface
- Platter: 3.5-inch / 89mm (diameter), full-colour LED-backlit display
- (2) RCA output pairs
- (2) coaxial digital outputs
- (1) 1⁄8” (3.5mm) mini TS input (remote start)
- (3) USB Type-A ports (for USB drives) (Rear-panel ports supply 900mA for USB 3.0 devices, 500mA for USB 2.0 devices, front-panel port supplies 500mA for USB 2.0 devices only.)
- (1) USB Type-B port (for computer connection)
- (1) SD card slot
- (1) Ethernet link port
- (1) IEC power input
- Power Connection: IEC
- Input Voltage: 110–240VAC, 50/60Hz
- Consumption: 75W
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 32.0 x 41.9 x 13.5cm (12.6” x 16.5” x 5.3”)
- Weight: 3.99 kg (8.79 lb.)